Friday, December 10, 2010

Best Albums Year End List

It’s nearing the end of 2010, so that means it’s list-making time. Yes, it’s a bit cliché but lists are fun. We all like to read them and rail against them.

So anyway, here is my favorite records of the year 1994. Just so you know, my personal music taste leans on the heavier, more aggressive side of the spectrum, but don’t be surprised if you see an indie or hip hop release mentioned. Also I was 12 in 1994, and I was listening to Green Day, Nirvana, and probally a little Guns and Roses and Metallica, none of these albums crossed my plate in 1994, this is a retro active diary. My take is if it’s good, it’s good, no matter the classification. Also, I’m not separating EPs from LPs, just to make it easy.

#1 Jawbreaker - 24 Hour Revenge Therapy.
The album that got jawbreaker a major label deal, this Steve Albini recorded "master piece" really sums this band up. It is more polished and catchy then the previous releases, but not as introverted as its successor, Dear You, it is Jawbreaker in a nutshell. It is also has a collection of some of my favorite songs ever on it.


#2 AVAIL - Dixie
Opened it up to be manly, caring and southern. All at once.


#3 Gravediggaz - 6 feet deep
this shit is tight.


#4 Weezer - Blue album
I thought this was so cool when it came out, it was a breath of fresh air from grungy stuff. In retrospect i only really like My Name is Jonas, but still a killer album for you there , 1994.


#5 NoFX - Punk in Drublic
So fast, so angry, so much better then anything before and after it.


Honorably Mentioned
Rancid - Lets Go
Pantera -Far Beyond Driven
Green Day - Dookie
Method Man - Tical

این افراد برای شما درشکه دو چرخه دو نفره

No comments:

Post a Comment